Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Midweek Scooter Sightings Roundup

So, hey!  Not a lot of scootin' news goin' on, here... I missed last night's meetup due to an unpleasant chore, so it's just been pure commuting this week.

Other than the scoots I mentioned previously (most of which I also have seen this week), I saw some more while commuting and/or out in the work truck, this week.

One early morning, I caught one of these with the rider giving me "the wave" on Stones River Road:

Vespa GTS250
Then, today, while I was driving the work truck from inspection to inspection, I spotted two Kymcos (a brand I hardly ever see out there):

Kymco People S 200
Yeah, I know... fugly (sorta like my own Bad Penny, but even uglier,  IMO). Kymco didn't make a sexy  People until the 2012 GTi models came out.

Later today, I saw my first-ever Yager in the wild:

Kymco Yager GT200i (well, ~170cc)
That one's also got the typical "love-it-or-hate-it" styling for which Kymco is famous. Maybe the styling (and the names...!) make more sense in Taiwan.

Then, on the commute home tonight, the old standby:

SYM Fiddle II 125cc (in appealing eye-shadow frost green)
Well, that's all I have for now. Keep ridin', and stay frosty!

2 comments:

  1. My friend with a Riva 180 is buying a Yager, It's appealing to him he feels it's got a few nods to the Riva in it's looks.

    It also has small wheels and a flat floor which are two things he wants in a scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A flat floorboard is damned handy, especially if you have cats. Hauling cat litter can be especially tricky on the PCX. :)

    ReplyDelete