Saturday, August 4, 2012

So THAT's How It Works

Fascinating, clever stuff. h/t to jon1612 over at ClubPCX.

Unfortunately, the U.S. version doesn't have the idling stop feature, but it seems reasonable that it can be manually operated by shutting off the engine at every stop longer than three seconds, and instantly restarting it. I mean, there's no starter to wear out, right?  That may not be practical at night, since the headlamps go out when the engine is stopped, but otherwise... I think I will try it and see if the MPG climbs into the 100s...
.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff! This is Ed's friend Ken. Congrats on the COOL Honda. Ed said you might want an old iMac computer. I have one I'll GIVE you because I need to get it outta my home. Contact me here: http://themoonbase.com/contact-me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, the PCX engine's fuel consumption at idle can surely be measured in picoliters, which are the units of measurement for inkjet printers. I really think shutting the engine off won't gain you much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honda sez 7%... which isn't much, but why not try and see?

      Delete