Sunday, July 8, 2018

It's So Flat, and So Straight

So, I've taken to using motorcycleroads.com to look for rides. The ride I did today was in the bottom 10% for Ohio, but goddamn... that anyone thought this was an especially noteworthy ride?  I've taken shits that were more exciting.

Here's The Rocinante, parked at my "scenic" destination. A municipal park, an hour west of my location. I fueled up on the way, as the one gas station where my Ohio Lottery points count towards free fuel was on the way, here. I only had two gift cards, both with about $1 credit on them, so after gassing up to the tune of $2.01, I was on my way!

After docking The Rocinante and walking up a steep hill, I was at the bottom of another steep hill. I need the cardio, so up I go.

Fraboulous joy -- a roadway bridge. Hiking for 10 minutes, into... the somewhat-manicured rural... greenery. This was visible from the top of the hill depicted in the prior photo.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrived at what three park markers assured me was the "scenic overlook." Um. Yeah. About that. I've seen more scenic ditches filled with mosquitoes and tadpoles.

Walking back, I notice Escape Stairs. As in, "God, get me away from this tick-infested hellscape of a completely non-interesting nature."

Well, it was a nice ride. I saw soybeans on my left for miles, and corn on my right. Then, I saw miles of corn on my left, and soybeans on my right. My grandchildren will tell this story for their entire lives, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment