Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ugliest, Heaviest... Safest? Cheapest!

I got off work at noon today for a long weekend, and decided to stop in a local shop to see if they had any decent rain gear. They did not (not at a price I could afford, anyway), but they DID have a closeout on this Fulmer modular helmet, with day-glo orange and reflective white paint. It's fugly, and heavy, but for $50, the price was right!  This is my new cold weather helmet, and it's pretty comfortable, disregarding the weight.

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to rain gear, I would recommend going online and getting some Frogg Toggs. They are cheaper if you buy them direct and do a great job at keeping you dry. If worse comes to worse Coleman - yes, the camping gear - makes a good suit as well. Just be sure to get XL or what ever size will go over your gear. The Coleman gear will keep you mostly dry and is available in most stores that sell camping gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not terribly fugly if you ask me. At least it might help you to be seen better. I saw this diagram in the popular "Proficient Motorcycling" book today, showing the areas where most helmet strikes occur, by percentage. We're most likely to be hit in the side chin areas, which is now lowering my opinion of my shielded open face Fulmer helmet .

    ReplyDelete