Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dear _o__ Plumbing...

Logo and phone number pixelated to be un-dickish.  :)  This photo was taken at a red light en route.
Hey good folx,

I was riding home from work on my Honda PCX 125 Tuesday afternoon, when the driver of your fancy new van #2 (with the spiffy vinyl wrap of the water drops... looks really good, btw) seemed to not  take my hint (left hand aloft, finger & thumb at "pinch," and spread apart, slowly) about his following me a bit too closely in said van. He was making a call out to Green Hills (or south of there, I assume; he turned off of Woodmont onto Hillsboro headed south) after 5:00 p.m.

Now, I'd prefer that you not single this employee out, but I would  appreciate if you could bring this up to all the drivers -- for them to be cautious of following any  vehicle too closely, but especially motorcycles and scooters. Riders are not very well protected against even minor collisions, and even one at-fault rear-end collision with a cyclist could be pretty hard on the ol' insurance premiums (and they're high enough already, no?). Hey, May is Motorcycle Awareness Month, so it might be a good time to just bring it up and get everyone's attention. Fender-benders are "small money" for all parties when compared to hospitalizations, as I'm sure you are aware.

Not that this has any bearing on the topic, but I just want to mention that I send y'all business on a near-weekly basis. Y'all sent my folx a nice, big deli tray and dozens of killer cookies this past holiday season (thank you -- the goodies were delicious, and appreciated by all). Of course, in my work, I send people to several different plumbing contractors in the area as well, depending on their needs, but your company comes up often as one of several good choices in a lot of circumstances. It stands to reason that the less time I spend in the hospital, the more time I can steer some of this work your way, and I am always happy to do it. Your company has an outstanding reputation for doing quality work in a timely manner at a reasonable price, so I feel no hesitation in recommending your firm as one of several to my clients

So again, I hope you will try to remind everyone at _o__ to be especially aware of those of us on two wheels. If your employee is late for an appointment and needs one of us to pull over and get out of the way, flashing the lights from low- to high-beam a couple of times will usually receive a courteous response.  :)  Thank you for your attention in this matter.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is just one driver, but I do hope that you reported him to his employer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will address this issue with the person driving that vehicle. I will also be reminding our drivers to always be aware of other drivers on scooters and motorcycles. Yes, I appreciate the business you send and appreciate all referrals. I am glad you get to enjoy the trays we do at Christmas. It is a small token of our appreciation for all of our customers.

    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Safety needs to be at the forefront every time a driver gets behind the wheel.

    ReplyDelete